Monday, June 22, 2009

Elder Ritter's First Letter Home

Here are a few excerpts from Geoff's letter. "...since I don't have any addresses, let people know as you see them that I say 'bonjour' and maybe give them my address. I love receiving letters, but I also completely understand if people don't have time. So far we Elders and Soeurs (sisters) are trying desperately to learn French because we already have a progressive investigator named 'Jean Claud" (who is one of our instructors). Yesterday we had a chance at teaching him in French and it was very hard and a bit discouraging, but I have to keep reminding myself that I have been learning the language for only two days because it feels like a lot longer. Another crazy thing is that they don't really do any instructing when teaching French. We are expected to learn on our own for the most part. It seemed impossible at first but the language is coming better then it ever has before, as is expected. But that definitely doesn't mean I can speak it, but slowly and with the Lord's help I am getting it. At this point I just want to thank you for all of your support. Not every missionary out here has that. It definitely helps. I'll write to you again soon and hope to hear from you sooner.
Love,
Elder Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment