Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May 11, 2010

ô Ma Très Chère Famille;
Yeah, it was great talking to you all even if it was only for a short time. It's crazy how fast an hour can go by. I also felt that I couldn't talk very fluently, sorry. In any case, it was great to hear all of your voices and hear a bit of how things are going. I really have felt very happy recently and I know that part of it was because I was able to talk to my family. I have also really enjoyed the time that I have had to serve with Elder Sellers really he is a great missionary and I feel we work well together. When you work hard and do good work there is definitely a lot of joy that follows. I have been really amazed recently just how much joy comes thanks to the gospel. It's true that the commandments are for us. They are such a blessing to have and be able to follow. I want to thank you for your great example to me. Really though I look up to you all so much. You all have such spiritual strength and I am doing all I can to be like you all. How grateful I am for such a great family. Keep it up! By the small and simple things Heavenly Father brings to pass this grand designs. I know that God can use each of us to accomplish his miracles. Mom you wrote that you are going to do more talk to more people and be more obedient so that I can see more miracles in this work. First of all you’re already perfect in my eyes Mom, but also I know that when doing more to serve God he will bless us more. Mom, it's true that I will be blessed by you efforts, but I would go farther to say you will be able to see miracles in you own life. What a joy it is to share the gospel. I know we receive blessings while doing it. (D&C 6:29 -31)

Sorry about that missionary rant. It sounds like all of you are keeping busy and that it's not all bad. Dad, it's true that even a root canal couldn't stop a normal human from eating tons of Swiss chocolate and yogurt. Do you like the cheese here? I thought that I would have a hard time with the cheese but I have really come to like it a lot. I think I will miss it. A member today was telling me how I can bring some home when its time for me to go home. I was a bit skeptical but now that I think of it most of the cheese is a year old or so anyway. There are many things that are eaten here that would not pass sanitary laws in the states, but c'est la vie ha-ha. OH and I’m pretty excited that Amy gets to spend a good amount of time out in Indiana with Meg Ty and the boys. That will be good for everyone involved. OH hey Steve, I thought of a question that I wanted to ask you on the phone. It’s not super relevant for the time being but I’m still curious. Would I be able to follow you around for a day at your work and see what it is that you do on an average day?

All is good here in France. I hope all is well in Orem.

I love you all so much. I hope that you all know that!

Elder Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment