Tuesday, August 11, 2009

First P-day email

Dear Family; First of all I must say that the key board here is so weird. The buttons are all in different places. It might take me a while to get used to it, haha.
Thank you for writing me. Like always, it is good to hear for you all. I am so glad to hear that you two had a great cruise. It sounds nice. Pretty much, Pau is pretty sweet. It's pretty big and kinda small at the same time. It reminds me of where they filmed the Jason Bourne movies. The houses are all cool like that. I like it here, but like you said, Dad, it takes some time to get used to. It's really not too bad. I just wish I could understand what people are saying to me. I hope that that comes along. I'm sure it will. It's already started to get better. I like it here, but the work and stuff it is super hard, even more so than I thought, but it will be so sweet when I can speak French. Oh, the Ward here in Pau is amazing too. They are super nice and patient with my "not so good" French. Yeah it's too bad we didn't get to speak last week. Sorry about that. The traveling was messed up and the phones where all weird, but at least we have email. To send packages and letters, just send them to the mission house. It might take longer, but it is safer to get to me in case of transfers and stuff and it doesnt take much longer.
Well it sounds like all is well back where you are and things are going well here. It's just an adjustment period and oh, it IS an adjustment. France is so much more different than I thought. Like for sacrament, there were bagettes in the tray, which was sweet! There are six in our district, four specifically in Pau and for the most part we are tracting to find investigators. so I get a bit nervous trying to talk to people when I know I can't understand them when they talk back, but that hasn't stopped me yet haha. Well you all have a great week I love you all and want to thank you all for all the prayers and letters and stuff. You're the best.
Love

Elder Geoff Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment