Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Rest of The Story...

We had a great time with this email. To get the full effect you need to first go to the family blog (www.ritterhappenings.blogspot.com) to read about Amy seeing Geoff in front of the MTC last P-day while she was riding with her friends Whitney and Hailey to Seven Peaks. Geoff did not know Amy was in the car. I heard the story from Amy first and then received this email a few hours later. Also, I really enjoyed that Geoff felt my father's presence in the Temple that day. It was very special. Read on for Geoff's latest email...


"Thanks for the e mail it was awesome! Well first of all, Skyler. I have been thinking of him a lot especially when I was able to help all the new missionaries who came to the Provo MTC on the 15th. I almost thought that I might see the now Elder Halford. It doesn't supprise me that he woke up all nervous and even sick. I was nervous to go to Provo, but the fact that it was Provo made it so much easier. It's awesome to see how the Lord takes care of his children, though. In this case it was in the form of a basketball friend for Sky to feel more comfortable. I was glad to go to Provo first but right now I am super jelous of Sky.... I mean Elder Halford. I wish I was completing my training in France. I would only imagine that the language would come much faster and it is an adventure. Not to say the MTC here is bad I do like it a lot, but at this point, I'm sure all missionaries can't help but long to be in their respective areas. I am very excited to get to France. The idea of getting there and not being able to communicate very well can be scary at times but I know just like the Lord did for Elder Halford, I will be helped by the Lord. D&C 6:36 look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not. When we look to the Lord with the goal to accomplish his work we have no need to fear and doubt. Easier said than done though haha. Well moving right along I have two cool things that happened today. One is I was walking to the temple today and I heard my name shouted out and when I looked behind me I saw the Halford's van stopped at the light right next to the MTC. So I was able to wave and say Bonjour to what looked to be Whitney Halford and Hailey Halford so that was cool. The other cool thing happened in the temple. I was going through a session and there was this man sitting next to me and my companion who was quite old. He kept struggling with the changing of ceremonial clothes throughout the session and it reminded me of how Dad said Gramps would always have the hardest time with that. Which in turn lead me to think about Gramps and I dont know it was just kinda cool to think of him in the temple with me.
Okay I really have to hurry. The most important thing, Yes I can call from the airport and I leave as of now Aug 3 and my flight is at about 4 o'clock I will give you more detail but probably be able to take my call sometime between 2 and 4 o'clock. Alright I am out of time sorry for the rush and I hope all is still well. I love you all and I will send pictures soon for the blog.
You're All the Best!
Love, Elder Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment