Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"To those of You Who Rocked...We Salute You." October 28, 2009

Dear Family and Friends, So just to start things off, did you google earth Pau by chance. If so you probably have come to realize that is in awesome city that is super pretty. Sometimes when I catch a really awesome view it's about all I can do to not stop and just stare. Europe is such an awesome place. Everything is so old and just awesome.

Thanks again for the emails. Oh, yes it is much cooler now than before. Some days are still pretty hot, but it is not bad at all anymore. It is nice having that crispness in the air like you all described, but believe it or not the leaves have not really changed yet, kind of funny. I imagine that they will eventually though and when they do, it will be a sight to see, at least it should be. I'll have to send a picture.

Speaking of that, pictures I mean, the computer I'm on doesn't let me attach pictures to the email. It is definitely bugging. Sorry, I guess that means at least one more week without pictures. Sorry Sorry Sorry. If it makes you feel better I don't have very many good ones anyway haha.

We do get to watch general conference at our chapel here in Pau, which is great! Most of the sessions are brodcast here on Sunday, so that will make a great Sunday. I guess we have the option to watch in French or English. We will hopefully be watching in French because that means we will be watching it with an investigator. If no investigators come we will be go out to the lobby and watch it in English, because I hear it's better that way. I am so excited for conference. I love conference anyway, but I'm sure it will be even a bit more special as a missionary. I'm just a bit sad that they don't have real donuts here (they call them donuts but there not the same). They make up for it by having other amazing pastries.

So here is a cool little story that happend a couple days ago. We had a missionary night for a ward activity where people could bring friends who had questions about our church. It was also something that we could bring our investigators to. The only amie who came was Françoise, one of our amis (meaning investigator). She was a bit sick and has been having troubles lately, so we gave her a blessing. I did the first part (in french) and Elder Moon did the blessing part. It was really really cool. After that as we were walking back to where everyone was gathered for the ward activity. She was talking to a member whom she knew, that was in the room with us for the blessing. Françoise was asking her if what she was feeling was because of the blessing. The member, like a champ, said, "Of course it is. They hold the priesthood." Françoise later decribed it as an sentement de bien être, meaning a feeling of well being. It was so amazing to see that effect of the priesthood. It was such a testamony builder for me and I'm sure for Françoise. She, by the way, has been investigating the church for about four or so years now. She knows it's true. It is just hard for her to put that knowledge into action and follow all the commandments. She is way awesome though, along with all our Amis.

Well thanks again and I'll write to you again in a week

Elder Ritter

P.S. I know that packages are expensive so you don't have to send one for October If you don't like; really I'm not just saying that. I love them to death, but they cost a bunch. But yeah just candy(milkyway, twix), oreos peanut butter. I dont know, stuff like that I guess. Um and for birthday pretty much the exact same stuff and maybe a tie or two. Oh and this Friday I will be able to see if the Dearelder package has finally arrived.
Love you all Soo Sooo much,
Elder Ritter

Elder Ritter defrosting his refridgerator on P-day. You can see in the background many pictures on the wall. They are pictures of Scripture Heros. The words on the wall say " To Those of You Who Rocked... We Salute You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment