Thursday, October 15, 2009

Better Late then Never

Dear Family and Friends,
I am writing so late because Monday was Zone Developement and Tuesday we did our exchange with the zone leaders.

First of all, I finally got the "dearelder package". It is a sweet little package with exactally what any missionary would want. Thanks so much. We even busted out the beach volley ball thing and were playing beach volley ball baseball this morning after studies while lunch was cooking. Oh, did I already tell you that I would like some bannana cream pudding jello mix stuff for my birthday so I can make a pie. That would be a sweet b-day present. But that is still a ways away so don't worry about that yet.

Next, I went on the exchange with Elder Gessel. It was a good exchange. I learded a ton from him. He is a great missionary. I was a bit nervous because I had to lead us around Pau. It went really well though. We never got lost. Exchanges last 24 hours and in those 24 hours we taught five lessons. It was cool. We basically went from rendez-vous to rendez-vous.

One of those Rendez-vous stuck out to me more than the others. It was with Mme. Grenet. She is one of our newest amis. She is super cool. We were contacting in Centre Ville one day and I asked her, "What's the roll of Jesus in you life?" She said, "Not much." We continued the contact and taked about the first vision and fixed a rendez-vous. Since that initial contact we have taught her twice. She has read a lot of The Book of Mormon and she came to church last Sunday. She is progressing well and she has even prayed to know if the Book of Mormon is true. It was so awesome hearing her decribe how she had felt the spirit. It is one of the things that makes all the hard work worth it. I just hope that this story ends well. Pray for her because, as you know, opposition can easily come to those who are coming to accept this gospel.

It's been a lot of great days here latley. I have been having a lot of fun because the better I can speak, the more I can get to know those around me and that is fun.

I was so sorry to hear about Ken Hamblin. And also about the mounds of homework that Amy has. Hopefully that all goes well. I think this e mail is a bit shorter than usual. Sorry about that. I'll have to make up for that next week. Love you all and have a great week.

Love Your Son and Brother

Elder Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment