Monday, October 19, 2009

Bonjour

Elder Yang, Elder Larsen, and I on our first day in France at President's house just before one of the best night's sleep in my life.

Bonjour
Commet ça va tous le monde. J'espère que vous avez passé une bonne semaine. Comme d'habitude je vais très bien. Donc this week hmm not a whole lot new has happened. I did go on another exchange, this time with Elder Birk. Elder Birk is one of the four missionaries here in Pau. I actually knew Elder Birk in the MTC. He is one transfer behind me, meaning, I had my first Sr. Companion experence. It was really cool. We had a fun time. It was also really encouraging to see how much I have improved. Just seeing where he is at and realizing that in one transfer I have got to where I am at. But of course after feeling so good about where I was, I immediately felt a wave of humility. The last couple days I have seen how much I still need to do in every aspect of missionary work. I imagine it will be like that throughout this intire mission experience. That's how it should be and at least I am improving.

So I did get an Email from Grandma Murdock. Thank you Grandma for taking time to do that. I love the 59 section of the Doctrine and Covenants. I'm excited to go and read the 23 verse after writing this email.

So it sounds like a lot of the same old same old back home. Kids coming and going. Dad, you having to go out to field trips often and Amy, I am sorry, you are having these crazy sicknesses. I really hope that school will go well to. Work hard now. It will be so worth it graduation day.

A while ago we met a man from Iraq. He is studying at the university and is extremely muslim. We contacted him and he said that if we expect to convert him we would not do it, but that he would talk to us about religion. So we met with him three times now. His name is Hussain, I might have mentioned his name before. He was right though. We didn't get anywhere with him. It was awesome getting to know him and learning more about the Muslim religion. The best part of this experience was that after talking to him, I gained a greater testimony and am more greatfull for the restored gospel. I know that it's exactly what it is, Gods church restored. Its perfect and It brings so much joy. If only everyone could understand it. I know that I don't even fully understand it, though I am trying. I just hope I can help people understand it as I do.
Je vous voudrais dire que je sais Jésus-Christ est notre rédempteur. Il a souffert pour chaque on de nous. Je sais que Joseph Smith a été le première prophète de nos jour. Je sais que Le Livre de Mormon est vrai. Aussi Je sais que Dieu nous aime plus que nous pouvons savoir. J'aime cet évangile. C'est pourquoi je suis ici. Je vous aime, et j'espère que vous avez une bonne semaine.
Elder Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment