Monday, December 7, 2009

The Best Week of My Life


Hey, thanks again for writing. It is always great to hear from all of you and it sound like things are busy, but good at the same time. I just want to say that this past weekend was the best weekend of my life. It was so amazing! So for you all who asked, YES, Isabelle's baptism went through and she is now a baptised and confirmed member of the Church. The baptism service was awesome. It went so smoothly and the spirit was consistently strong. I also only had to dunk her once and I didn't mess up the words, so that was good. Then, yesterday's Sacrament Meeting was also amazing. President Carter was there because a sister missionary, who served in this mission not a long time ago, was getting married to someone who lives in Pau. So President came down for that. He conducted the Baptism interview for Isabelle and he was also able to be a witness at the baptism. Yesterday, Isabelle was confirmed at Sacrament Meeting and then President and Sister Carter shared their testimonies followed by Isabelle. It was so amazing how strong the spirit was. It was so amazing to see the reward of my efforts. I'm pretty sure though that the reward was much greater than the effort. It was really such an amazing blessing. I'm so blessed! Thank you all, for all you do for me.

So that was last week and just as that ended another transfer began. I dropped off Elder Gibbons at the Gare this morning and then Elder Birk and I went to Bordeaux to pick up our new companion. There were 2 companionships here in Pau but we are cutting down on missionaries in The Toulouse Mission so from now on there will only be 1 companionship in Pau. So for the transition they are keeping one missionary from each side of Pau, Elder Birk and I, and because we are both pretty young we recieved Elder Léman. So I have two companions right now. It is pretty cool actually. I know Elder Birk pretty well by now and Elder Léman seems to be way cool. Oh and a fun fact they are both European. Elder Birk form Denmark who has been out just one transfer less than me and Elder Léman from Belgum who has been out for about a year. I am excited. It should be fun to have a trio going.

So yeah that's what's up with me. All is going well! I am excited to get to work. I will miss Elder Gibbons a lot. We became very good friends. He is way cool and don't be surprized if his group "The Gibbons" gets big. He is very talented. You can check out his stuff on i tunes actually. So yeah all is good here. Hopefully things will continue to go well.

Love Elder Ritter

Oh and by the way Dad there is no time limit to when you go Senior companion. Some go Senior their second transfer. Like Elder Gibbons and others might never go Senior Comp. It mostly depends on The President, the missionary, and Heavenly Fathers will.

No comments:

Post a Comment