Monday, December 14, 2009

New Apartment, New View


With the combining of the two Pau companionships, I moved apartments. I think I liked the other apartment better, but I've got to admit, there's a better view at this one.

Hey Family, How is life going? Things are still going well here in Pau. I'm pretty sure I'm going to miss Pau if I'm ever transfered and I'm guessing that it won't be too long until I'm transfered. I still have at least five weeks though, so that's good.

So there are a few things that I want to comment on. First of all, The Gibbons* CD. I have heard one song that was approved and Isabelle had it playing one day when we first arrived at her house, so I have only heard a very little bit, but from what I have heard, yeah it is really good. He is a very talened musician. I'm excited to see what he does with that talent. That's cool that you bought his CD and all. I know that he would appreaciate it. (*Note from editor: Elder Gibbons was Geoff's companion that just finished his mission and is now home. He is a musician and has a CD on iTunes)

Next, Christmas. I will call you from Isabelle's house. She has free calling from her house so at this point in time I will call you from her house. I guess I only have an hour and a half to talk though, so I don't know, I guess that's long enough; but prepare you questions, haha. I'm 8 hours ahead of you, so I'll probably call you evening/ afternoon here, morning there. Hopefully I won't wake Amy up that morning with my call. I know how much she loves sleeping in on Christmas morning, haha. I hope that answers all of your questions. If not we still have one week more to figure it out. Just let me know if I need to be more specific.

So I'm glad you liked the pictures and all from last week. I was pretty excited too (because of the baptism). She is so awesome and right now we are trying to work together, Isabelle and we missionaries, to help Valentine feel the spirit and come to the knowledge that God is there and this is His church on the earth.

Oh and yes, I am loving my comps. It is a lot of fun having two comps; I hope we are not too intimidating with three. Normally though we go on two diffrent sides of the road and that seems to work pretty well. One on one side, two on another. We are having fun together though and are working hard too. Elder Birk's mother is American and he grew up speaking only English in his home and he is one transfer behind me so he speaks good French but he, like me, is still getting it down. And Elder Léman, he is from Belgum but the Flemish speaking side so he didn't speak French until getting here. He feels like he speaks better English than French. But he speaks great French. So yeah, there are no communication problems. Oh and as for what Andrew Hegerhorst said (via his father), I think I am starting to get the language down better and that I am progressing better. I feel like I can at least understand for the most part, but the speaking grammar is still challenging. I am feeling a lot more confidante lately meaning I'm probably going to have a humbling experience come my way soon, haha. It's always good though.

I love you all! I miss you tons! I am super excited to speak with you all on Christmas Day. Thanks again for all you do for me. Once again love you tons! Talk to you soon!
Elder Ritter


Elder Birk, Elder Léman, and I. Don't worry, we killed them all, no more roaches for us.

P.S. I just checked our email from President and it turns out that we have an hour maximum for calls. Bummer, but there are blessins with each rule so either way it will be great. Can't wait to hear you voices.
Elder Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment