Monday, December 7, 2009

Elder Gibbons Heads Home Next Week

So I guess something you all have been dying to hear. Yes I did recieve your email last week and sorry I forgot to respond to the google earth part. I really was super excited when you wrote about that, because you found exactally where I live. Haha pretty much every morning I see that car garage haha (I only don't when we go out the back door). Oh and yeah we live next to that big grave yard. It's pretty cool, I guess. There are some cool head stones and stuff. Our place has the blue hand rail things. I think my actual section though is not the yellow building. It's a pretty nice place, but it is very small so don't worry, it's not like I'm getting too comfortable. No, I love it though. I am really blessed to be living where I am. That's so cool that you found it too. So what do you think of Pau? It is seriously so pretty. I especially think the mountains and the chateaux are pretty sweet too.

So in one week from today this transfer will be over. So crazy. Elder Gibbons will be all packed and ready to meet his parents in Toulouse where he will give them a tour of where he has served and then head back home. It's kinda weird searving with a missionary that will be finishing up in not long at all. I'm going to miss him though. We have had such a fun transfer here in Pau. Before the transfer ends, this Saturday, Isabelle's baptism service will be held. I think the baptism prayer in French is actually, I dont have it memorized yet, but I know that it is found in 3 Né 11, I think verse either 21 20 or 25 hmmm. I should probably get on that hahah.

So I'm thinking that I will be staying in Pau mostly because in my President interview, he pretty much told me I would be. We'll see if it turns out that way though. If so It will be great to continue teaching Isabelle, Valentine and and spending Christmas here in Pau. If so, Isabelle said she has free long distance or what ever and that we can use her phone to call on Christmas. Oh and think Dad about writing a letter on evolution and the gospel for Valentine. That would be awesome if you sent something. If you don't have time or just dont want to, don't worry about it. But I would love for you to send something like that. Basically, what I was thinking is that many people. say specifically Valentine, don't believe in God. They believe in evolution and to have a your testimony would be awesome because you explain so nicely how the two don't really conflict. I hope what I'm saying makes sense. It would also be awesome to have because other missionaries automatically think Darwin is a bad person and you know... Luckly missionaries for the most part have learned to be open minded. So yeah there is some info. S If you have the time or desire to send me you testimony I would love that a lot ( no pressure).

Sounds like you all had a great Thanksgiving. I'm glad to hear. We also had an amazing Thanksgiving. I seriously felt like I was back in America. It was awesome. We missionaries even put on a skit to explain what thankgiving is all about. It was a blast. The ward absolutley loved it. We have done other activites before, but none even compared to this. The food was pretty good too. Not quite as good as being back at home, but pretty dang close. I was impressed. Maybe I can find some pictures to send home I think Sister Portwood took some pictures.

I am doing very well and I hope you all are too. Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon.

Elder Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment