Tuesday, July 6, 2010

June 21, 2010

Hello everybody. First of all, Happy Fathers Day, Dad. I hope it was a good one even if all the children where not to be seen. Oh and sorry I was not able to call even though it sounds like half of the ward thinks I did ha-ha. I always feel half bad when I miss things like fathers day. I have a feeling like I am neglecting my family, I know that I need to be here, but it's also true that I can be better in sending you all things. I hope you know that my love goes out to all of you even if I don’t show it very well in terms of letters, cards and packages. You just need to casser (get mad at me/ tell me how horrible I am) me and then I'll step it up. So the World cup. It is sad because I imagined that the world cup would be a bigger deal than it is. Everyone watches it, that’s true, but because France is not doing all that good no one even wants to talk about it. One person even said today when I asked about the world cup that France doesn’t even exist, ha-ha. In fact they are down 1 0 as we speak so its a big deal, but pretty much everyone is very depressed that France is not doing so well. So it is not affecting our work too badly. When it first started it prevented us from going into one house. The man came to the door and we introduced ourselves and he said. ça tomb pas trop bien (either meaning we came to the wrong place or came at the wrong time) we then asked him why and he then told us that France is playing. It’s been pretty funny, but he said we could come back another time. Oh and based on the man in the room of this cyber café it must be 2 0 France is down. He doesn’t sound to happy ha-ha. I’m pretty sad too.

Well our amis are doing pretty well this week. Gilles and Lawrence are doing well and they should be set still for the 3 July. They are great and it sounds like even one of Lawrence’s sons from a different marriage who is 17 might be interested in the message also. SO that’s a plus. It’s true that we have seen many miracles and many blessings this week. One of which is named Silvia, She is probably mid-thirties. She has three young kids and I not sure if the father is still in the picture, but we taught her once and she is great. She is very open and has committed to read and pray about The Book of Mormon. I feel that she is very sincere and I have no doubt that if she is sincere she will receive a witness from our Heavenly Father that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored. I am excited to see how it went for her. We see her tomorrow. Keep her in you prayers if you please. Oh I really have come to love this area. I am a bit nervous that people are going to start leaving for summer vacation. I hope that we can continue to have many people to teach. I know that depends on how hard we work so we will just have to work really hard.

Hey so it sounds like you sent a package. Thank you so so much that always makes me happy! Anything you send is great! Oh hey so I talked to Elder Larsen at Zone Development meeting yesterday and its sounds like his parents are going to pick him up. As you maybe remember. Elder Larsen came into the Mission the same time as me meaning we will be finishing up at the same time. Also Elder Larsen’s Mom knows Nancy. So when Elder Larsen gets picked up, he will stay at the house Nancy has in Bordeaux for a bit. He says I should do the same. Which made me think, what is it that you want to do? Do you want to come visit France in about a year from now? It's still a while a way but to do a trip like that it takes a bit of time to organize. I don’t know though that is completely up to you if you want to come or not. I would love to show you around and have Dad show us around, but also there is the money factor. It’s pretty expensive here. So let me know what you think about coming to pick me up and also about staying at Nancy's, if that’s even an option.

Alright well that’s the bit of news that I have thanks for writing me it was great hearing from all of you and hearing whats new with life. OH I love you all so much!

Have a great week and I'll talk to you soon

Elder Ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment