Thursday, November 12, 2009

Baptism Scheduled


Hey Everyone, I just want to start off by saying sorry that it is now Thursday and I am finally getting you an email. This week has gone by amazingly fast because of all the unusually things that we have been doing, which caused us to finally take our preparation day today. First of all, we had zone conference Monday and I did get my package, so that was great! Then we had an exchange with the zone leaders on Tuesday, which is always a great experience. Then yesterday, we were at chez Mme Isabelle Grenet helping her repaper her wall. We also had quite a few other rendez-vous yesterday leaving no time for preparation until today, which is not a complete preparation day because we where back at Isabelle's house finishing the job. And when I say finishing the job, I mean wall papering her room AND also setting a specific date for her baptism. Yesterday we talked about her baptism. We asked her if she knew The Book of Mormon is true. She told us her story about how she came to know that The Book of Mormon is true. It was so powerful. We then asked if she wanted to be baptized and she said, "well yeah, because I know that The Book of Mormon is true that means every other part of this church is true so its just normal that I would be baptised eventually". So we all decided to pray about when and set a date when we came back, which was today. So that's exactly what we did and if all goes as scheduled she will be baptised December 5th 2009. I was baptized Dec 6th 1997. Wow, that's crazy, I don't even know why. Elder Gibbons and I are very excited and hope all goes well. Please keep her in your prayers.

So Dad, Happy Birthday Yesterday! I have not put anything in the mail yet. I will do all I can to get something in the mail Monday. Sorry, but I just want to wish you a bon anniversaire! I hope it was great and that you spent all the money for both our birthdays. It's always funny how there ends up being enough for my birthday even after yours. Which reminds me, thanks for the package it was sweet from what I've seen so far. I have not opened the wrapped box yet since I figured I should save something for my actual birthday. Thanks so much. Dad what did you get, anything cool? I imagine that you did. The family seems to always take care of us like that.

Once again sorry that this email has got to you so late but that just means that you don't have to wait too long until my next one so that's a plus. Life seems to be going as usually for you all, the same is for me. A lot of exciting things are in the air like Ward Thanksgiving activities and sweet amis, yeah life is good. I wish you the best and love you all.

à la prochaine,

Elder Ritter

Pretty much I think you are doing a fantastic job with the packages and am going to trust you with the Christmas package. I don't need much, I am getting kinda sick of the ties that I have though ha ha. Also I will send the approved music list for another time hopefully Monday but I'm sure you can send Ricks CD and then I'll try and get it approved. That's if you can get one from him. Merci beaucoup Vous tous êtes le meillier Je vous aime beaucoup beaucoup; allors passer une bonne semaine!

No comments:

Post a Comment