Thursday, November 12, 2009

Elder Ritter meets Elder Holland


So today is a rainy day in Pau, not too rainy though. It's still pretty nice and the weather has been perfect this whole week up until now. We have really been blessed. Wow, and what a week it has been. There where so many wonderfully joyful moments and then those times when nothing seems to be going your way. Elder Gibbons and I have been working very hard this week and have seen the fruits of our labors. We taught 12 lessons this week and found 5 new amis. It was a great week but the crazy thing is, we very well could have done better. Mostly, we could have done better because we didn't have a cell phone all week. I never thought a phone was an important part of missionary work until getting here and then not having one all week made us realize just how important they are. We couldn't confirm Rendez-vous and call amis to tell them if we where running late or even call members to help us teach. It was a mess, but like I said we were very blessed this week because we had a great week and that was because we worked hard. I have been learning so much from Elder Gibbons and have come to realize how much more I need to learn to become the missionary I hope I can be. I am learning and becoming a little better each day is all I can ask for.


Also this week we had the amazing blessing of meeting Elder Holland. He came to Toulouse and we had a Mission Conference. I guess mission conferences are very rare and with Elder Holland that is even more rare. I got to shake his had and talk to him for about 2 seconds. It was an amazing experience and when he taught us with the spirit... It was just amazing. It helped me realize just how much harder I need to be working. It has really excited me to do just that.

Megan/ Amy asked what I do on Sundays. Well, Sundays are pretty much exactly like any other day. We go to church in the morning, but after that we go out and work for the rest of the day teaching and finding amis. If we are lucky though we get members to invite us over for dinner or lunch. We try hard to make that happen. It helps so much to have the ward helping out in the missionary effort.

So in terms of photos I will send one today but after emails we are going to get some sweet photos of us outdoors, ha ha so Mason will be happy ha ha. So I'll send some of those next week. Also, yes I mom I have been receiving the photos that you sent. Thank you, they are awesome!

Hey I also just want to give a little congrats shout out to little Benji the button Benjamin; and Jana congrats "SOOOOO Exciting News" (as Wei would say).

I hope you all have great week. I'll try my very blessed to do the exact same. Please pray for Elder Gibbons and I. We have had a good start but we need all the help we can get. We are weak and without the Lord we can do nothing. So the more prayers of faith in our direction the better.
Catch you later,

Elder Ritter

Ps Thanks for sending that package. That is so awesome of you all. I am very excited to get it and hopefully it is here before next Zone Conference. I love you all so stinking much. You keep me going strong.

Dad you mentioned bbq sandwiched in you email. You have no Idea how good that sounds right now, haha. I'll have to get invited over by one of the American families in the word or something haha.

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment